Liberal Democrats Policy – part 2
Posted by Matt Walker on September 24, 2009
Now it’s over we can take a look at a number of the policies being offered by the Lib Dems.
1) Taxation – replace council tax with a local income tax; no tax paid on the first £10,000 of income.
2) Economy – create jobs by spending on the UK’s infrastructure; tackling bonus culture of the banking system.
3) Education – cut infant class sizes; paying schools to take students from poorer backgrounds; scrapping university tuition fees
4) Constitutional Reform – scrap first-past-the-post; lower voting age to 16; fully elected House of Lords.
4) Crime and immigration – increase use of stop-and-search; reduce maximum period terror suspects detained without charge to 14 days.
Click here for the full list of policy ideas.